Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.
In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.
Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?
My review :
OMG I loved this book so much ! It's one of my favorite book of the year for sure and my favorite debut novel with Scarlet by AC Gaughen.
The best thing about this book is the characters. I loved the heroine Celaena. She is such an unforgettable character and she is everything that I love : she is kick ass, brave, loyal and she loves books and music ! But she also has been through a lot and she suffered so much... I love conflicted character like that !
What I loved about this book is that our heroine has so much background history that we're discovering through the book but there is still a lot that we don't know (i've read the prequel novellas after reading the book so I know much more about her now though).
Often in books the main character's story is starting at the beginning of the book but that's not the case with Throne of Glass. The book starts and we already know that Celaena had a traumatic childhood, she trained and became the most notorious assassin, she loved a guy named Sam and she got caught.
I love fantasy it's my favorite genre in YA and this fantasy book is very very good. The world building that she created is amazing, with the map of the different kingdoms and their history.
What's also interesting about this book is that I was very confused by the love interest and I didn't know where it was going. There is kind of a love triangle but we don't really know for sure Celaena's feelings and it's awesome because in the end she chooses herself ! So I prefer Chaol if you want to know but i'm not Team Dorian or Team Chaol i'm Team Celaena she is the best in this book :).
One of my favorite part of the book : chapter 20 when she is playing the pianoforte, talking about music and Sam to Dorian. It was so heartbreaking.
I was just disappointed by one little thing : the fact that the tests make little appearance except at the beginning and in the end. But when the author was writing about the tests it was pretty epic anyway.
Throne of Glass is the high fantasy book that I've been waiting for. I finished this book a week ago and I'm still thinking about it EVERYDAY. Yes Throne of Glass is that good and I want to say a huge thank you to the author for writing such an amazing story. There is still a lot of question unanswered and I can't wait to read the sequel !
About the cover : I have a copy of the UK edition and I LOVE the front and back of the cover it's just stunning.
About the french publication of this book : Sarah J. Maas told me on twitter that they sold the french rights to Editions du Seuil but she don't know when it'll be published. I hope she'll do book signings in France :).

Lovely review! I will definitely have to get my hands on this book in the near future. Celaena sounds like my favorite kind of protagonist because I love it when chicks can kick some rear! The world building sounds fantastic as well. I'm glad you liked it, thanks for sharing! =)
ReplyDeleteTu y penses encore tous les jours ? C'est qu'il est marquant !
ReplyDeleteUne blogueuse va m'envoyer son ARC de Throne of Glass en livre voyageur, j'ai vraiment hâte !
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteC'est Un bout d'ailleurs qui a reçu l'ARC (UK). Je pense bien que ça devrait me plaire, j'imagine que ça bouge quand même plus que Shadow and Bone, donc à ce moment là... ^^
ReplyDeleteEnfin, quatre étoiles, ça reste une très bonne note.
Mais je n'oublie pas Scarlet ! ;)
C'est un énoooooooorme coup de coeur ce livre. Et Chaol. <3 Même si j'aime bien Dorian, c'est Chaol mon chouchou. J'aime les moments qu'ils passent ensemble même quand Celaena est malade lol. Et la fin. <3
ReplyDelete