Friday, 10 August 2012
The golden lily by Richelle Mead
Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series
Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
My review : I wanted to read this book slowly. Because I know that I will love every book written by Richelle Mead especially from the VA series and its spin off. But i'm weak and again I read this new book in two days.
I was so happy to see the whole gang again : Sydney, Adrian, Eddie, Jill ect...
Once again I loved reading this book through Sydney point of view. I feel so close and connected to this character. Even if I'll never be as smart as her I still have a lot in common with her.
I admire her so much. She is trying to help everyone around her and she often forget to just take care of herself and be happy. But in this one she is trying to have a life of her own and we discover her first dating experience which was very funny. But it was also amazing to see how Richelle Mead used that relationship in a way of contrasting Sydney's feelings between Brayden and Adrian.
Speaking about Adrian I love this character so much. I missed his witty remarks that makes me smile.The highlight of this book for me is Adrian and Sydney bonding. Adrian who's strying to protect her and make her happy. I love seeing him evolve and trying to be a better person.
But i'm a little disappointed because I was waiting for a scene where Adrian and Dimitri were going to talk (or maybe fight?) about Rose and what happened before but I guess it shows that Adrian is much more mature now (well not so much sometimes but that's why we love him right? :p).
The Golden Lily has a more intricate plot than the first book Bloodlines. In this one we discover the Vampire Hunters (yes it's very Buffy-like).
But even if I loved the first two books in this spin off series I have to confess... there is not as many twist as in the VA books, the plot is a little predictable and nothing surprised me...
But I still can't wait to read the third book The Indigo Spell and I'm so happy because this one is coming out sooner than I expected : in February 2013.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I quite like Sydney too, there is something relatable about her and I love Adrian, too! Also, I was surprised to hear how soon book 3 will be out, we don't have too long to wait!
ReplyDeleteGreat review! I'm a huge fan of the VA series, but I have yet to read these ones. Though, I think I'm going to have to change that ASAP. I'm dying for more Adrian. ;)
ReplyDelete"I loved reading this book through Sydney point of view. I feel so close and connected to this character. Even if I'll never be as smart as her I still have a lot in common with her."
ReplyDeleteJ'ai eu exactement le même sentiment que toi en lisant Bloodlines !