Saturday, 11 August 2012

Letterbox Love + Stacking the shelves [10]


Letterbox Love is a weekly feature hosted by Lynsey on Narratively Speaking. The idea apparently came out of a group discussion on twitter.
It's a new meme for the UK bookbloggers where we share the books that we've received, bought, borrowed ect.. every week.
I wanted to do this meme because i'm going to live in England in a few months so it would be an awesome way to meet UK bloggers !
And i'm also doing Stacking the shelves. I know i'm already doing Letterbox Love but I like this meme. I really like Tynga's blog and I met a lot of awesome bloggers thanks to this meme these past few weeks. So i'm doing two meme now every sunday :).
I got 2 books from Amazon : 
The once and future king by T.S White. I've heard that it's one of the best historical, fantasy series. It's a retelling of King Arthur legends. I'm a huge fan of this type of literature so I can't wait to start this series. This is a bind up edition of the first 3 books. 
The selection by Kiera Cass. I've read mixed reviews on goodreads about this book and there was also a huge scandal surrounding it but I wanted to read it anyway. I read it in June and really enjoyed it. I will post my review soon.
I got 1 book from The book depository : 
Throne of glass by Sarah J. Maas. I pre-ordered a copy of this book two months ago and I received it several days before the release so I was really excited. It's a fantasy book. I read it and loved it. My review is already on the blog ! 
I bought several books in one of my favorite library in the world Mollat in Bordeaux so all of them are french books : 
The Count of Monte Cristo part II by Alexandre Dumas. I bought the first part a few months and I read the first 200 pages in June. I still need to finish the first part to read this one after that. 
I bought 3 medieval books. I love medieval and arthurian literature. I took a class about King Arthur and a class about Tristan and Iseult last year and my teachers were recommending these books so I finally bought them : 
Le roman de la rose
La chanson de Roland by Anonymous
Lais by Marie de France
I also got several bookmarks from this library with pictures of Bordeaux cathedral St André and the Grand Théâtre. 

And you?

46 comments:

  1. I loved Throne of Glass too! It's such an amazing story! Great haul!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that UK cover for Throne of Glass. Much better than the US one. Loved the book too. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh pleins de jolies lectures. j'ai entendu beaucoup de bien sur chacun et j'espere qu'ils te plairont. bonne lecture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Throne of Glass! Great haul! I still need to read the Selection but i love the cover!

    My Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of your Throne of Glass! I really want to read that one soon. Great book week!! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the UK edition of Throne of Glass! I love the story of Tristan and Iseult but I learned about the opera version since I was a music major. :) Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul. I love the covers! I hope you enjoy them!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/08/stacking-the-shelves-3/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is this I see? @_@ Why oh why is this cover of Throne of Glass so amazing? Must be really great to see the world. Is the transfer permanent or are you going back to France? PS: Every time I see The Selection's cover, I just melt all over. But there are forces stopping me to read the book. I think I should really read it, just to see what I think of it. I'll be waiting for your review and see how it is. :)) Great blog and great haul btw.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like that version of the cover of throne of glass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Throne of Glass it sounds awesomre.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked Thorone of Glass. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment on my STS. And you got a great week with your books. They are looking fantastic. Especially Throne of glass. One of the books that are on my to read list (with al the other books).

    Mariska (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Haul! I'm excited to read Throne of Glass and The Selection! Enjoy :D

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comme Melliane, j'ai entendu de bonnes choses concernant tes acquisitions, notamment The Selection mais c'est vraiment Throne of Glass qui est en train de me faire de l'oeil! Je ne sais pas pourquoi, je sens que je vais bientôt céder...
    Bonnes lectures en tous cas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Throne of Glass s amazing! I really want to read The Selection.

    Happy reading :)

    Sharon - www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! One of my co-bloggers read & reviewed The Selection and now I kinda want to read it too! Looking forward to your review

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for following! I'm going to follow you back. I know other people have said this, but that REALLY is a cool cover for Throne of Glass. And I like how you're reading Anna and the French Kiss in your picture. Such a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading Throne of Glass right now. I have mixed feelings, but I know so many people who loved it. I adored The Selection. It's a really cute book. I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Throne of Glass and hope that you do too.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice haul! I just added Throne of Glass to my wishlist because it looks so good! I'm glad you enjoyed it--I'll definitely be checking out your review. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the follow (I'm following you as well)! =D

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  21. Coucou, je viens tout juste de réaliser que tu étais française; j'avais pourtant vu que tu habitais en France, mais bon, parfois j'ai le cerveau assez lent!
    J'ai bien aimé Selection; pas un de mes favoris, mais ça se lisait bien tout de même! Et j'ai depuis des années l'intention de lire La Chanson de Roland, mais j'ai encore et toujours un peu peur de m'y lancer :P Belle sélection en tout cas, et bonne lecture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome haul! I read The Selection back in April and I absolutely LOVED it. It's currently holding first place for my best books of 2012. :) I can't wait to read Throne of Glass! :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you liked Throne of Glass!! I preferred the novellas, surprisingly, but it was still fun to read! Thanks for the follow; I've followed back. :) And I hope you like the UK!! So cool that you bought a book by an anonymous author. I'm curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Selection was a great read!!! And, I NEED TO GET THRONE OF GLASS!! I've been only hearing positive things!! Enjoy your books!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary! :D
    Glad to hear you enjoyed The Selection--I really liked it, too!
    Ah, Throne of Glass, I've heard so many great things about it---need to start it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really loved The Selection, too - it was a shame about all the drama surrounding it! :( But I try to ignore stuff like that and just take a book on its own merits.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've also read mixed reviews about The Selection but I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Selection was really good! I've been seeing a lot of throne of glass lately and I've heard nothing but amazing reviews. I'm going to have to check it out.

    Thanks for being my first follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  29. i'm been hearing a lot of great things about throne of glass. i'm thinking of buying it. happy reading :)

    our new shelf additions.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite book of all the time! Hope you'll enjoy it, too!

    Thanks for stopping by, Marie! Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Mary!
    Thanks for the follow-I've followed you back!
    Good to hear you liked the Selection! I want to read it but there is so many mixed reviews... the more good reviews I see the higher it goes up on my tbr list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've heard awesome things about Throne of Glass:)

    Followed Back,
    danna

    ReplyDelete
  33. Je suis très curieuse de lire Masque of the Red Death, mais je crois qu'après Dreamless j'aurai reçu Dearly Departed et j'ai trop envie de lire celui-là ^^

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic haul! I'm so jealous of Throne of Glass that one looks so amazing and I can't wait to get the chance to read it as soon as possible! :) Also, I've heard mixed things about The Selection but I'm glad you did end up liking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Selection...oh dear....the whole debacle was horrible and tensions were high. Sad to see such animosity. But, I really did like reading the Selection. Throne of Glass is excellent so far! Thanks for visiting my blog :D.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome book haul! I really want to read Throne of Glass and the Selection.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are going to love The Selection! I love that book quite a lot, but a lot of people have mixed reviews so it depends if you really like it or not. Oh, and I also got Throne of Glass too. So far it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh wow fantastic haul this week! The Selection's been on my TBR list for a while now, hope you enjoy it! Throne of Glass looks wickedly good too! Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have got to get Throne of Glass. I've been hearing so many great things about it. My friend read The Selection and liked it. I hope you enjoy all your reads~

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have read so many awesome things about Throne of Glass. I love the cover you have! I hope you have a great reading week. I followed back:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. There was a scandal??! Interesting.

    I love that cover for Throne of Glass much more than the US cover! So pretty@

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really need to read The Selection asap! Great haul! Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great books and swag. Hope you enjoy them.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The Once and Future King is on my personal classics club list. I want to get to it within the next couple of years. I've heard great things about the book and hope that you enjoy it as well.

    Those editions are so beautiful. I would love to have some french editions of my favorite books, but my French isn't as good as I would like it to be, sadly.

    ReplyDelete