Monday, 13 August 2012

Bout-Of-Books 5.0 Goals August 2012

I decided to do the Bout of books read-a-thon again !
This read-a-thon is hosted by Boutofbooks.
You can go here if you want to sign up and here if you want to know more about the schedule.

I did the May edition of bout of books two months ago. I had so much fun in May doing this read a thon. I read great books, discovered awesome blogs, and talked with a lot of book bloggers on twitter so I hope this time it'll be even better !

I managed to read 3 books and a novella last time. So I want to dare reach for 4 books now. So we'll see how it goes.

My goals : 
1. Read at least 300 - 400 pages each day.
2. Finish 4 books.
3. Participate in 2 twitter chats.
4. Participate in 2 or 3 challenges.
5. Discover new blogs and new bloggers. So I will try to leave a lot of comments and talk with all of you on twitter.

The books : 
1. Eon by Alison Goodman
2. Finnikin of the rock by Melina Marchetta
3. The thief by Megan Whalen Turner
4. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

If you want to follow me on twitter so that we can talk :) : @ifmary 

Good luck to everyone ! 

18 comments:

  1. I loved the previous read-a-thon too. I really want to read Finnikin of the Rock and Onyx(and Obsidian)
    Good Luck with your goals and have fun.
    Thanks for stopping by my goal post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last Bout of Books was fun (and my first readathon)- I am looking forward to next week. I have had Finnikin of the Rock on my TBR list for a while (I heard that Melina Marchetta is an amazing author so I need to read one of her books). I hope you have fun with the challenges and enjoy your books ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goal definitely look attainable, especially if you got through three last time! Plus, I've heard so many people say they loved Onyx so I'm sure that one will give you no problems. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you think of Onxy, have Obsidian (Lux #1) on my TBR, so interesting to see if the second is good too :) hope you have fun during the readathon and look forward to hopefully seeing you in a twitter chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm listening to Finnikin of the Rock on audiobook, it's very interesting so far and unlike anything I have read this year. I will say, it has a lot of terms to keep track of. Also, is Onyx out ? I am so behind on this series.

    Good luck and happy reading, Marie !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, also I am reading Vampire Academy for the first time. I know I'm so behind !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Finnikin of the Rock, I read Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and loved it so I want to read something else by her, and this one just sounds great! Good luck reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have pretty similar goals!! I hope you surpass yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, realistic goals. Glad you're joining us again. It's gonna be a fun week! Good luck and have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, 4 books! I like that you're challenging yourself to read more than you did last time. =) I'm sure you'll easily be able to read your goal! I'm also planning on participating in some challenges this time around, since I didn't do that last time. And I plan on participating in at least one Twitter chat, since I can only make it to one. I hope we get to talk though! =) Also, Eon looks really fabulous, and I've heard such awesome things about Onyx. So I hope you enjoy both! <3 Good luck and I hope you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have planned a great reading list for this week! All of these books are on my TBR list too! Have fun! You can totally rock these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get my hands on Onyx, I hope you like it! Good luck with your goals!! :)I'm hoping to maybe get 5 books done, but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goal! I love any and every written by Melina Marchetta, so I'm sure you will enjoy that one. Happy Reading!

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just met you on tweetchat! New Follower!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was good to meet you today during the Twitter chat! Good luck on finishing your 4 books. @fromleft2write www.fromlefttowrite.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your goals! That's a lot of reading to do in one day, wish I could read that much in a day! Enjoy the readathon, don't pressure yourself and enjoy. Happy reading xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Marie! Loved chatting with you yesterday =)

    Good luck with your goals and yay, Onyx finally releases this month!

    Here's my Bout of Books post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  18. Onyx! I officially hate you. I have gone everywhere looking for a copy. Im buying it online right now actually. lol thanks for the inspiration =D

    -Becky
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/bout-of-books-read-thon-goalsupdates.html

    ReplyDelete