Thursday, 7 June 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating : 4,5 / 5

Goodreads : Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.


My review : I finished this book in a day at 3am and I'm still thinking about the story and the characters so that can only mean that I loved it right? I read the two first book of The Covenant series - Jennifer L Armentrout other book series - and I really liked them. But I think I like The Lux series much more. And that's huge for me because it's not a genre that I normaly like. I don't like science fiction, books about aliens ect... I only liked one and it was I'm number four but I didn't rate it 5 stars. But this one totally won my heart. Jennifer L. Armentrout is that good. I was hooked. I couldn't stop reading this book. The plot, the characters they are all so real. I wanted to go in that book and meet them all.
And wow it's been so long since I loved an heroine so much. Kat is witty, smart, generous, brave... I just loved her. And... she is a book blogger !!! I couldn't believe it ! That was awesome to read a book with a character doing IMM and Waiting on Wednesday. And Daemon... He is definitly in my top 10 favorite male characters in YA from now on.
And the author is awesome because she is posting so much extras from both series the covenant and the lux series on her website. I bought the new edition of Obsidian and at the end there are a lot of chapters from Daemon point of view and I loved this series even more after reading them.
I can't wait to read the second book Onyx coming out in August !

Playlist
Promiscious - Nelly Furtado

2 comments:

  1. J'ai créer une page pour les fans de Jennifer ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/JenniferLArmentroutFrance

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ai découvert ce livre hier sur goodreads et il m'a bien donné envie. Ta chronique me donne encore plus envie ^^ Bon je pense pas que je pourrais l'avoir et le lire d'aussitôt (c'est rien de le dire...) mais il a l'air plutôt pas mal !

    ReplyDelete