Monday, 14 May 2012
Bout of books read-a-thon goals and updates post
I've heard about this read-a-thon on twitter. I've never done a read-a-thon so I wanted to do this one because i'm on summer holidays right now so I have time to read.
I'm going to post updates every day in this post instead of doing one post for each day. I'm also going to give updates on my twitter : @ifmary.
This read-a-thon is hosted by Bout of Books.
You can go here to sign up or here if you want to read the schedule.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda on on a book bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence. There are no set dates for Bout of Books; rather, Amanda tries to work with Bout of Books participants to determine the best dates for them.
Standard info:
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, run from 12:01am on Monday, May 14th through 11:59pm Sunday, May 20st in whatever time zone you are in.
- Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
My goals
- Participate. Because it's my first read-a-thon so I don't know if i'm good at it. We'll see !
- Read at least 5 books this week. I've been read 3 books per week these past 2 weeks so let's see if I can do better for this read-a-thon.
- Meet new bloggers on their blogs or twitter. I've been away these past few months because of university and exams. So this read-a-thon will be a great way to catch up with everyone !
Books to read
1. City of Last Souls by Cassandra Clare
2. The Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society by Mary Ann Shaffer
3. Die for me by Amy Plum
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green
5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Updates
5/14
Number of books I’ve read today : 1 book but I haven't finished it so 0.
Total number of pages I’ve read : 105 pages.
Books : City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.
I haven't read a lot for this first day. I hope I'll do better on tuesday !
5/15
Number of books I've read today : 1 book but I haven't finished it.
Total number of pages I've read : 200 pages.
Books : City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.
Yes I know i'm really behind. It's the second day of this read-a-thon and I still haven't finished my first book. But I just love COLS for now and I don't want to finish it... I hope I'll do better the rest of the week !
5/16
Number of books I've read today : 1 book but I haven't finished it.
Total number of pages I've read : 130 pages.
Books : City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.
I still haven't finished City of Lost Souls but i'm loving it so much. I've been away from home all day on wednesday so I couldn't read except on the train. But finally I have nothing to do tomorrow on thursday so I will try to read more for this read-a-thon !
5/17
Number of books I've read today : I finished one book and started another book.
Total number of pages I've read : 330 pages.
Books : City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare and Die For Me by Amy Plum.
I finished COLS i'm so sad I loved this book so much. I'm nearly done with Die for me. I wanted to read this book because i'm going to meet Amy Plum in Paris next week.
5/18
Number of books I've read today : I finished one book and started another one.
Total number pages I've read : 140 pages.
Books : Die for me by Amy Plum and Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout.
I've spend the day in Bordeaux on friday and I've been so busy I couldn't read. But I have nothing planned this week end so I hope I'll read more.
5/19
Number of books I've read today : 1 book.
Total number of pages I've read : 335 pages.
Books : Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
5/20
Numer of books I've read today : 1 book.
Total number of pages I've read : 130 pages.
Books : Shadows novella (prequel to Obsidian) by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally know how you feel about being away because of university and exams! It happens to me every year!
ReplyDeleteGreat list! And good luck. I often have trouble focusing during Readathons, but I'm really, really trying this time around. We can do it!
That's a great list! I need to read Die for Me as well; have it on my Kindle, along with dozens of other books lol. Good luck! :D
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're joining in on the fun. Bout-of-Books is the perfect read-a-thon to start with. Good luck with your goals!
ReplyDeleteTo help out your third goal... IT'S SO NICE TO MEET YOU! :) I love meeting new bloggers over the blogosphere, so if you ever need any help at all or just want to say hi, please feel free to drop by and leave me a message! :) I participated in my first read-a-thon last year and it was a ton of fun, so I hope you have a blast, Marie!
ReplyDeleteI've read City of Lost Souls recently and totally loved it. Hope you like it too. Good luck with the readathon!
ReplyDeleteCity of Lost Souls? That is the new one right? I am starting book 3 of that series next week!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Today :)
Oh c'est génial que tu fasses un read-a-thon !! J'aurais trop aimé en faire un moi aussi mais pas le temps :( .. Je pourrais pas lire jeudi et vendredi comme je suis a Dublin donc bon c'est mort pour cette semaine !! Bonne lecture en tout cas :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to start City of Lost Souls later this week. It's a long one, so I wanted to get some of the shorter ones out of the way first. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to read-a-thoning! I participated in my first one in April and I've fallen in love! Good luck with your goals!
ReplyDeleteHow many pages is that book! it must be over 400 pages. Even if you don't get to your goal, completely that book is great.
ReplyDeletehttp://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html
Hi! This is my first readathon, too! I don't know if I'm gonna read COLS this week, though - it's kinda thick and...um...intimidating :)
ReplyDeleteYou're still doing great. I decided to save CoLS as a reward for reaching my goal. Hopefully I can start it before the weekend. :) Glad you're loving it though.
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked CoLS. I know I'll be sad when I finish it too. Some books you just don't want to end. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteObsidian is so awesome. It was one of my favorite reads this year.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend and happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI'm started COLS on Friday, but haven't read very much since then :(
ReplyDeleteWow you got a lot read in the read-a-thon :) I've never done one but have been meaning to try one sometime soon. For a second I thought you meant you had to read for a whole week straight without sleeping hahah XD
ReplyDeleteGreat job :) and awesome book choices
I haven't started CoLS yet. Guess that one will have to wait until next week. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteCoLS is on my TBR for this week! But I can't believe you're in Paris1 That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to make time for CoLS.
ReplyDeleteCollege also got in my way of reading, and blogging properly. Its nice to now have the time to catch up with everyone.
ReplyDeleteHere is my progress post.
Lauren at Northern Plunder