Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Top Ten Emotional Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!

I'm going to focus on books that made me cry and tell you at which part of the book I cried (so there might be little spoilers) : 


Harry Potter and the deathly hallows by JK Rowling : Dobby's death... I know there was a lot of "human" death and more important characters died in this book but Dobby's death break by heart especially when he said his last words : "Harry... Potter." Well I don't have to say anything more everybody know the Harry Potter series. It's my childhood... JK Rowling I love you <3.



The time traveller's wife by Audrey Niffenegger : When Clare reads Henry's letter at the end I was devastated... This book is beautiful and poetic you should all read it !

Forbidden  by Tabitha Suzuma : If you read my blog you know that I loved this book ! This is such a powerful story and the end is just heartbreaking... But I love that kind of tragic ending !


Spells by Aprilynne Pike : Ok for this one it's a bit weird. I really like this series but it's not one of my favorite but... at the end of this book (it's the second book in the series) when Laurel wants to talk with Tamani but she met Shar instead and he made her realise how much Tamani loved her for years... I cried my heart out when I read this passage !

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins : I don't remember if I really cried while I was reading this book but I do remember that I was broken... Katniss suffers so much in this one... It was very hard to read this book because it was quite violent !


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater : One of my favorite series ! I cried when Grace hurt a tree with her truck and Sam is changing into a wolf. I don't have my book with me right now but it's such a powerful and heartbreaking moment and there is some beautiful quotes...

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater : Yes another Maggie Stiefvater's book. Her writing is that good ! This time I cried because of a horse ! This book is amazing... in fact all Maggie Stiefvater's books are awesome !

And this is funny because i'm not a very emotional kind of person. I don't often cry watching a movie or something but in these books there was some moments that really made me cry ! And that's maybe why I love all these books so much !

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! New follower here :)

    Moi aussi j'ai carrément pleuré lors de la mort de Dobby. C'est l'une des personnes que je n'ai jamais imaginé pouvant mourir! Mais j'ai aussi pleuré à Snape, à Fred, à Hedwige par contre pas vraiment de larme pour Lupin et Tonks. Je me suis totalement déshydratée en clair pour ce bouquin. lol

    ReplyDelete