Friday, 5 August 2011

Rules of attraction by Simone Elkeles

Rating : 5 / 5

Goodreads : When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

My review : I liked Perfect Chemistry but Rules of attration was even better and now I can't wait to read Chain Reaction ! Well done Mrs Elkeles (you can read an interview of her on my blog) !
Rules of attraction is the sequel/companion novel to Perfect Chemistry and it follows Alex's younger brother Carlos. He comes back to live with Alex while Alex is in college. However when Carlos gets busted with drugs, he is forced to go and live with a friend of Alex (who was one of his profesor before) and starts to develop a strange friendship with Kiara. Kiara is the daughter of the professor and she doesn't want to admit that she is falling in love with Carlos and same thing for him. But also a rival gang of Carlos is in town and he is looking to recruit him so there is a lot of actions about it at the end and I was really surprised by the turn of the events (especially when I discovered the past of the profesor).
Once again, Elkeles writes strong, independent characters who's alternating perspectives share the same tone and voice.The female character here Kiara is nothing like Britanny from the first book and it was really refreshing and less cliché. I really liked her and felt connected to her ! She is king of normal but we start to realize through the book that she has a really strong personnality and she made me laugh a lot of time.
And Carlos... well he was even better than Alex !!!! He has a bad boy side, but he is also loyal and generous.I also love all the spanish words and sentences in the book. Carlos was even more sexy when he was speaking in spanish !
I did not feel the same sense of danger in Rules of Attraction that I had felt in its predecessor that's the only negative point of this book.
Otherwise I was really addicted when I was reading it.

The awesome book trailer :



And you can see the book trailer for Chain reaction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment