I'm going to do a review about all the books in the series that I read at once because I read them a months ago and I forgot to take some notes while I was reading them so I can't write a proper review !
Here is my rating for each book :
Glass houses : 3 / 4
The dead girl's dance : 3 / 4
Midnight alley : 4 / 4
Feast of fools : 4 / 4
My review :
The Morganville vampires series is such an original series ! The vampires rule the city (Morganville) and the humans know it so all the society is organized around that with some people protected ect... It was so refreshing to read books like that ! Those vampires truly are vampires for once ! I loved the gothic atmosphere of those books. It is sometimes creepy and dark but there is also a lot of humour and funny quotes.
The characters are also amazing ! I love Eve and her strange personality and clothes. I don't really like the heroine Claire... She is just boring to me. Even if through each book the characters grow on by more and more for example Claire is more brave, Michael is really different... but I can't tell you more !
But my heart goes to Shane... Shane is funny, strong, generous, loyal and sometimes kind of a jerk I agree ^^. I really have a crush on him (by the way he reminded me of Link from Beautiful Creatures)! And even if I don't really like Claire as a character I love the relationship betweeen them. I want more cute and sweet scenes between them !!!! I live for them when I read this series !
So the first two books were ok but I really liked the third and fourth books especially Feast of fools because of one character. In the third book we discover Myrin who is my favorite character of the series so far. Myrin is an ancient vampire and a mad scientist. I had to admit he did seem pretty scary at first. He is really weird and complex but a great and interesting character. He is what the book needed for that little bit of an edge bringing insanity, confussion and vulnerability.
The writing is very fluent so I read all those books pretty fast. There is a lot of actions and each book picks up exactly where the last one end (but that gives huge cliffhanger at the end sometimes!). I don't know if i'm going to read the other books in the series. I want to know more about the disease of the vampires and the relationship between Claire and Shane but i'm king of broke and this series is not my priority. But maybe I'll buy volume 3 I'll let you know !

OMG! I'm a HUGE fan of this series. Seriously. I'm not sure I can criticize it. I love the characters - humans as much as vampires - and I love the plots. It's different like you wrote it in your review and brings something new in this kind of novels.
ReplyDeleteBut, I think it's better to read the books slowly because you can be, maybe, a little tired if you rush to read all the books already available. It's unbelievable how the author writes fast. There's a novel of this series published every six months! And she's got other series too.
So, like you know now, I'm a fan and I can't wait to read Black Dawn. Last Breath left us so on the edge! ;)