I'm going to do a review about all the books at once because I read them nearly two months ago and I forgot to take some notes while I was reading them so I can't write a proper review !
Here is my rating about each book in this series :
Darkfever : 3 / 5
Bloodfever : 4 / 5
Faefever : 5 / 5
Dreamfever : 4 / 5
Shadowfever : 4 / 5
My review : MacKayla Lane (the heroine of this series) was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland the country where they were born.
Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country to hunt her sister’s murderer. But then she discover that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed and now Mac is plunged into a secret history : an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years. Her mission is to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.
I really loved this series, every single fever book consumed me ! Especially the third one, you can see that I gave it 5 stars. During a week when I was reading those book I was really addicted especially when I was reading the last one !
Karen Marie Moning has created an awesome world. I loved the setting : Dublin and all the links with celtic myths and faerie legends. There was a lot of actions and the plot line is amazing.
I enjoyed the plot of trying to find the evil book, the Sinsar Dubh, to stop the madness and restore the walls so Unseelie wouldn't keep taking over the world. But I enjoyed even more the relationship that evolved between Mac and Barrons. I was so frustrated through the books cause we're waiting a long time to see anything happenning between them but I really wasn't disappointed in the last book ;).
KMM has created awesome characters.
Mac is a strong female character and she reminded me of Rose sometimes.
Barrons... OMG Barrons I've got such a crush on him ! He is a strong character, wearing italian suits and owning a bookstore... What else? He is really mysterious and I wanted to know more and more about him !
I also loved Dani even if we only discover her in the third book (am I right?) but she really plays a big role in the books especially the last one ! It was the only negative point of Shadowfever for me. I was so disappointed that we didn't know what happened to her but otherwise Shadowfever is a thrilling conclusion to an awesome series that I recommend to everyone !
One of my favorite character was Vlane. Sometimes I loved him more than Barrons (don't blame me). But I was really dissapointed when I found out what and who he really was at the end of the series. But I was also really surprised. Well done KMM ! And I loved Christian too ! Well ok all the male characters are awesome really !
I really hope there is going to be a spin off with Dani maybe because I really want more of the fever series. I also look forward to reading more by KMM. Perhaps her other series highlander ! Anyone has read those books?
You should all go on her website. There is some awesome stuff on it such as an interview of KMM with Barrons. Soundtracks of some of the books in the series (with songs like Jericho rain, Rainbow). And recently she wrote a sex scene from Barrons POV. This scene left me speechless. KMM is such a genius !

No comments:
Post a Comment