Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
My review : OMG ! This book is... I can't even find words to describe it all and write a review about it... I can't explain all the feelings that this book is making me feel. Where she went is for sure one of my favorite books now and my favorite YA contemporary book ! And I'm surprised that I loved it so much because the first book was ok but I gave it just 3 stars and this one was... so much better !
When she went happens 3 years after the accident (which took place in If I stay the first book). Now in this book the story is told from Adam POV.
The plot line is amazing. After three years without any news Adam and Mia are seeing each other for one night in New York and Mia is going to take Adam to some places that she likes.
Mia is now a famous cellist from Julliard and Adam is a rockstar. Through the book we discover what was happening for Adam during all those years. I love the alternating viewpoints of the past and present, the book was even more intense. He is so weak, lost and fragile in this book that the writing is just heartbreaking. I was so broken for him and just wanted to give him a hug ^^. But I can't hate Mia for what she did... I felt so connected with her in the first book and in this one so I tried to understand her in this book but it was not easy especially when the story is seen through Adam's eyes.
I actually expected a little more emotion from Mia, but she seemed to be at terms with all that had happened in the past with the accident even if she is still haunted by it.
Another thing that I love about Gayle Forman's books is the importance of music. There is always some songs through the book and at the end the author explains why she wanted to pick those songs. In where she went it was more than that. In the beginning of some chapters there was lyrics of Adam's songs and I found myself wishing that it was a real CD !
The end is beautiful and sweet and full of hope. I recommend it to everyone !
Here is the book trailer :
And you can see here a video of a tour of NY spots from Where she went with Gayle Forman !

Je suis d'accord avec toi sur le fait que ce tome est meilleur que l'autre :) j'avais adoré le premier aussi, je lui avais mis 5 étoiles, mais quand j'ai lu le deuxième... wow ! ^^ Je suis contente qu'il t'ai plu. Vive Adam =)
ReplyDelete