Saturday, 26 March 2011

The body finder by Kimberly Derting

Rating : 3 / 5

Goodreads : Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.

Review :  I would have loved having a boy as a bestfriend and felt so close to him and shared so many childhood memories like Violet & Jay. I loved their relation at the beginning even if it's complicated. 
I loved Jay and the two besfriends finally in a relationship but once they're together it was.... a little too much... or too easy even if they're meant to be together. At the beginning I loved the protective role of Jay but once they're together he was TOO over proctective and I jusn't didn't buy it :/. I liked the chapters from the murderer's point of view it was really interresting... I liked the idea of a thriller background but it was not developed. I mean there is this plot about the hunter but there is also long scenes in high school, homecoming and such things. I know it's a YA book but I didn't expect so much of that in is this book. I was expecting more of the plot. The writing was ok and easy to read but I was a little bored sometimes because there is not a lot of actions.
I liked the idea of her "gift" she can sense the dead.
I liked how the ending was written we don't know which one is dead, I was hooked but I know i'm mean saying that but I would have liked a more tragic ending.
I don't think i'm going to read the second one...

2 comments:

  1. I still have to finish reading this one .. I've only read one book this week which is so not me ..
    I'm hoping I'll enjoy The Body Finder and I'll want to read Desires of the Dead cause this series seems awesome !!
    Great review comrade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this one! Every review I read makes me want to read it! Even if you didn't really like it, not even the end, I will pick it up because I love this kind of stories :)

    ReplyDelete