Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search—and the stranger—will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all. This is a spellbinding display of storytelling that will exhilarate, enthrall, and thoroughly enchant.
Review : I've always loved witches, it's one of my favorite "topic" in YA book and paranormal romance. I liked the idea of this close community and the idea of each one having a Talent.
The plot and the story is not so original but I don't know why I really felt bound to that book. Through the book you start understand things. I was really curious about this mysterious teacher and the clock that he wanted to find.
There is those books that you're so close with it because of your mood at the moment or the atmosphere around you and Once a witch is this one for me. I felt related and bound to Tamsin. I understood her perfectly about her relationship with her family and her need to leave her small town. I loved that it took place most of the time in New York I really wanted to be there while reading this book. I totally understand Tamsin's love for big cities and I loved the environment of Tamsin with her school, roomate, her need to be normal... It seems to be seen over and over again in YA but here it was credible and felt right.
I also liked the revelation about Tamsin Talent. But the thing that I really loved in this book is the link with time, and all the time traveling that Tamsin do with Gabriel.
About Gabriel, he seems pretty hot and really nice. He was her best friend when she was a child and they seem attracted by each other now but this book don't really focus that much on romance and I wasn't disappointed about that for once.
If you like witches you shloud totally read this book ! I can't wait to read the second one !

ooh I've been meaning to read this. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
ReplyDeleteGreat review!! I can't wait to have this book in my hands!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds pretty good !! I don't read that many books with witches but this one seems awesome !!
ReplyDeleteGreat review comrade.