Saturday, 24 May 2014
Ten books about friendship
I know I'm really late since I was supposed to post that on tuesday but I really liked the topic so I decided to do it anyway. Here's my top ten books about friendship. I chose to focus the list mostly on book series :
Lisa and Rose from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead : This is my favorite friendship. There is commitment and duty in their friendship because Rose is Lisa's guardian. And I love the idea of the bond. Rose can hear her thoughts and experience some moments of her life.
Storm and Elisa in The Girl of fire and storm by Rae Carson : Storm is my favorite character in that series. He is really witty but we can see that he is loyal and determined to help Elisa especially in the last book The Bitter Kingdom.
Will and Jem in The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare : I love the whole parabatai thing. For those of you who haven't read that series or The Mortal Instruments series parabatai is a pair of shadowhunters (Nephilim warriors) who fight together as lifelong partners.
Link and Ethan in Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl : They've grown up together. They're really close especially since they live in a small city (Gatlin). Link is part of Ethan's family.
Percy and Grover in Rick Riordan's books : A demi-god and a satyr friendship. They're just so funny together !
Balthazar and Bianca in Evernight by Claudia Gray : Bianca meets Balthazar at the academy. I love their friendship because they are completely different. Balthazar is an ancient vampire. But he takes care of her. I still haven't read the companion novel focused on Balthazar but I really want to read it.
Carter and Georgina in Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead : Carter is an angel. He is always the good friend and he listens to her problems. But we don't realise how important that character is in her life until the last book Succubus Revealed.
Lyra and Pantalaimon in His Dark Materials Philip Pullman : This friendship is a peculiar one. Pantalaimon is not a human he is Lyra's deamon. It's not a friendship really because he is supposed to represent her soul. But I still love their relationship.
Nastasya and Innocencio Immortal beloved by Cate Tiernan : They're immortals so obviously they've been friends for years !! I loved reading all the flashbacks and following their adventures in different countries and at different times. However, their friendship is a destructive one.
Roar and Aria in Under the never sky by Veronica Rossi : Roar is Perry's best friend (Aria's boyfriend). But the friendship they develop in the second book Through the ever night is beautiful.
Gif : found on a tumblr and it represents Will and Jem from The Infernal Devices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment