Saturday, 29 September 2012
Letterbox Love / Stacking the shelves (16)
Letterbox Love is a weekly feature hosted by Lynsey on Narratively Speaking. The idea apparently came out of a group discussion on twitter.
It's a new meme for the UK bookbloggers where we share the books that we've received, bought, borrowed ect.. every week.
I wanted to do this meme because i'm living in England for a year so it would be an awesome way to meet UK bloggers !
And i'm also doing Stacking the shelves. I know i'm already doing Letterbox Love but I like this meme. I really like Tynga's blog and I met a lot of awesome bloggers thanks to this meme these past few weeks. So i'm doing two meme now every sunday :).
I missed blogging so much !!! I haven't posted something on my blog for almost two weeks I can't believe it i'm so sorry guys.
As I've said in my last post I moved to England. I'm going to live and studying in Chester, Cheshire (North West part of England) for 10 months. I was so busy meeting my housemates, buying stuff for our house, I had my induction week and I spend a day in Liverpool last week. It was fun but I can't wait to start classes and just settle down.
So this is all the books that I got these past two weeks :
I bought two books at WH Smith (i'm so excited because now i'm buying books in bookshops :D because in France I had to buy my english books on Amazon...) :
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater : Maggie is one of my favorite YA writer and I can't wait to start this new series.
The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling : We've been waiting for 5 YEARS to read a new JK Rowling book I'm so excited !
I bought a book at Waterstones (I think I prefer Waterstones and i'm going to buy all my books there now) :
World without end by Ken Follett : I've read Pillars of the earth this summer and loved it. I also really liked the tv show so I can't wait to read that sequel now. And we can already see the first two episods of the tv show as well so I really need to read the book soon.
I borrowed a book from Chester Library :
The world of Downton Abbey : I'm huge fan of Downton Abbey and I was totally fangirling when I saw this book at my local library.
And I also bought a bookmark at Liverpool cathedral. It's the biggest Protestant cathedral in England and it was amazing to visit it.
I got two ebooks :
Death and the girl next door by Darynda Jones : I got this book on Netgalley so thank you St Martin's Press but guys I have a problem. I really hope someone can HELP ME. I moved to England in one of the university accommodation so I'm using the univeristy wifi and I can't connect my kindle to the university wifi :(. So I can't send my ebooks from Netgalley or Amazon on my kindle :(. I don't know what to do...
The Diviners by Libba Bray : I bought the ebook version of The Diviners on Amazon. I heard good things about this book.
I also got before I moved to England some swags because I won one of Victoria Schwab's contest on her website but I forgot to take a picture. I won two signed bookmarks and a book plate of her new book The Archived (this book is coming out next january). I can't wait to read it.
And you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm very curious about The Casual Vacancy. It doesn't sound like something I would enjoy, but then again, it's a new J.K. Rowling!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll have a great time studying in England :) Since I live in the Netherlands I also buy most English books online, I would also love to be able to just buy an English book in a bookstore!
Ahhh I'm so jealous you got the Casual Vacancy! I can't wait to read that one! I hope you enjoy all you got :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my STS!
:) great haul !!
ReplyDeleteHâte de savoir ce que tu penses du nouveau J.K. Rowling et de The Raven Boys. Happy reading ;)
Great haul, can't wait to see your thoughts about The Raven Boys.
ReplyDeleteOld Follwer.
Happy reading.
You have a great list this week. I am on the waiting list for The Casual Vacancy at the library. I got a Ken Follett book this week as well. I got Winter of the World. He's a very good writer. I'm excited to hear what you think of the Downton Abbey; I love that show. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG!! YOu got the Raven boys!!! I'm so jealous><
ReplyDeleteHope you you enjoy these awesome reads!
*New Follow*
Feel free to check out my blog http://chantel-law.blogspot.co.uk/ for my stacking the shelves and my giveaway: http://chantel-law.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-wind-of-life-flyers-giveaway.html :)
Nice haul this week! I am dying to read the diviners not sure if I want to read the casual vacancy, I think i am a little scared too haha
ReplyDeleteYou can check out what I got this week here: http://sapphireddragon.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/in-my-mailbox-39.html
You got great books this week! The Raven Boys, Death and the girl next door, The Diviners, and Casual Vacancy all look great! Lucky you for getting swag for The Archived! I read the sneak peek of it and love it. I can't wait for that one!
ReplyDeleteMy STS
Sabina @ Delirious About Books
I got Death and the Girl too, I hope it's a good book
ReplyDeleteAnd it's annoying that you can't use the wifi at your uni.. is there someone who could help you connect to it or is there free wifi somewhere else where you could try it? I hope you get it sorted!
OMG amazing IMM :)
ReplyDeletej'aimerais beaucoup lire le JK Rowling, curieuse de voir ce que ça donne.
ReplyDeleteVoici la mienne
Sweet books! New Follower. Here's mine
ReplyDeleteWoohoo The Diviners and Causal Vacancy! I really hope you enjoy them both =)
ReplyDeleteHappy reading!
Our StS for the week =)
Nice books this week, I hope you enjoy them :)
ReplyDeleteI love Downton Abbey too! I have that book waiting to be read! I need to get the Raven Boys! I'm currently readint The Casual Vacancy! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my Haul! Letterbox Love!
Very nice haul, especially with Raven Boys and Casual Vacancy which look awesome! Happy reading! If you would like to check out my Stacking The Shelves post you can do so here. :)
ReplyDeleteC'est joli tout ça !
ReplyDeleteDonc je gage que ton installation c'est bien passée. Passe une super année ! :)
As i said on Twitter, so jealous of your Downton Abby Book, wanted that one for a while! I also got The Casual Vacancy and The Diviners! Although, I have not seen that cover for it!
ReplyDelete