Rating : 3 / 5
Goodreads : What do you do when you realize nothing in your life is what you’ve believed it to be?
When Arionna Jacobs loses her mother in a tragic accident, her world is turned upside down. She’s forced to leave her old life behind and move in with her father. Dace Matthews, a teaching assistant at her new college, is torn in two, unable to communicate with the feral wolf caged inside him.
When they meet, everything they thought they knew about life unravels. Dace has intimate access to Arionna’s mind, and something deep within her fights to rise to the surface. They don't understand what's happening to them or why, and they're running out of time to sort out the strange occurrences around them.
Their meeting sets an ancient Norse prophesy of destruction in motion, and what destiny has in store for them is bigger than either could have ever imagined. Unless they learn to trust themselves and one another, they may never resolve the mystery surrounding who they are to one another, and what that means for the world.
My review : This is going to be a mixed review. I really wanted to love this book. When I read the synopsis it sounded really good and I loved the cover. But unfortunately I didn't love this book.
I enjoyed some parts of it though so I'm going to talk about them first.
I liked the beginning. Well it was pretty sad because the heroine Arionna just lost her mother. But I really liked the writing at the beginning. It was heartbreaking but also quite beautiful.
Another thing that I loved about this book is the connection between Arionna and Dace. I love that kind of connection, Dace can heard Arionna thoughts and feel her emotions. I've always loved that kind of "mind" connection in books between two characters. For example Rose and Lissa in the Vampire Academy series.
Alex and Seth in the Covenant series...
I also love books about wolves, shifters, werewolves. I've always been fascinated by them and I liked that part of Fade with the pack ect...
Another good thing : I loved the fact that they've been souls mates for centuries and reincarnated over the years.
Thanks to this book I also discovered a beautiful song Tears of an angel.
But I didn't love this book because I was bothered by some things.
First the writing style. There is too much description... well it's not even description it's more about the heroine thoughts between the dialogues and it broke the rhythm of the actions and it was boring... What she was thinking was a little repetitive and it was not really useful to the story. So I must confess that after reading half of the book I skipped through it.
Another thing that I disliked : I was often confused by the character's reactions and the plot... Toward the end we learn more about the Norse mythology and legends and once again it was pretty confusing and complex...
I got this book on Netgalley thank you again Curiosity Quills Press !

It's a bummer that you didn't love this one. The description sounds awesome though. I enjoy Norse legends. I'll keep this one in mind.
ReplyDelete