Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Broke and bookish.
This is the hardest Top Ten Tuesday that I've ever done !
I've been blogging for 2 years now (my blogoversary international giveaway is still going on by the way :D) and I've read so many awesome books it's really hard to choose only 10 !
So I'm going to cheat a little and this TTT is going to be focused on YA book series that I loved during the lifespan of my blog. And I'm going to give you the year I discovered that series just next to the author's name. And I'm also going to give you my favorite book in the series.
My babies !!
1. Vampire Academy (and its spin off Bloodlines) by Richelle Mead. 2010
I don't think I'll ever find a YA series as good as this one... It's my favorite YA series and it's not gonna change soon. In 2 years I've already read each books 3 times ! I'm just crazy about these books... I can't stop thinking about the story and the characters everyday !!!
Favorite book : Blood Promise
2. Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore. 2011
This is my favorite fantasy series. Graceling was one of my favorite book last year and Bitterblue is one of my favorite book this year.
Favorite book : Bitterblue
3. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater 2010
Maggie Stiefvater's writing is the best. And this is the first series that I read written by her. Thanks to these books I won a contest and I went to Paris to meet her. I have already met her twice now.
Favorite book : Shiver
4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare 2011
Best steampunk series !!! The second book Clockwork Prince was the first book I read this year and it's one of my favorite. Clockwork Princess is one of my most anticipated book of 2013.
Favorite book : Clockwork Prince
5. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare 2010
I have so many happy memories linked to this series... It's one of the few YA series that I shared with my best friend.
Favorite book : City of Glass
6. Wings by Aprilynne Pike 2010
Again good memories linked to this one. I've read the final book Destined when it was released in May and I was sad for days after finishing it...
Favorite book : Destined
7. Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead. 2011
Yes Richelle Mead once again ! I'm not a huge fan of adult books but I love that series. The last one Succubus Revealed is one of my favorite book of 2012. I've also read her other adult series Dark Swan but I only loved the last book Shadow Heir.
Favorite book : Succubus Revealed
8. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 2010
I've read the first two books in french before starting this blog. And then I read the last book in english when it was released and I bought it in Paris :). It was the first time that I was going to Paris and I loved the third book.
Favorite book : Catching Fire
9. Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout 2012
These books are so addictive !!!
Favorite book : Obsidian
10. The Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout 2012
I discovered these books thanks to Elodie. Thank you Comrade :D ! And I'm team Seth !
Favorite book : Pure
And I'm going to add 3 series :
11. Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan 2011
Loved these two books about immortals. I love all the flashbacks. I can't wait to read the last book.
Favorite book : Darkness Falls
12. Books of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater 2010
Best faerie books ever :D !!! I'm just impressed by Maggie's writing... And I can't wait to read Requiem !
Favorite book : Ballad
13. The Iron Feys by Julie Kagawa 2010
I've loved these books because of one character : Puck !
Favorite book : The Iron Knight

Great List. I've recently discovered Jennifer L. Armentrout and I'm happily addicted. Team Seth!
ReplyDeleteOne of yours is on my list, too, so I should probably check out other books on your list!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Top Ten Favorite Books I've Read During the Lifespan of My Blog.I hope you will stop by!
Oh!!! What have I been thinking I didn't even give The Infernal Devices a mention and I adore the series ;'( where was my mind at? Argh...ok...coming out of my guilt...Love your choices, especially The Infernal Devices, the Graceling series and The Hunger Games
ReplyDeleteKatja @ YA's the Word
Wow, a ton of books! I've read a few of these (Hunger Games, the first in the Vampire Academy series, The Iron King, and Wings), and I have all the others on my TBR or wishlist. Great choices! It's SO hard to narrow it down, isn't it? :-)
ReplyDeleteHere's my top ten if you'd like to check it out: http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/2012/08/top-ten-fave-books-ive-read-during.html
Oh, The Books of Faerie series is awesome, I forgot about those! Great list!
ReplyDeleteIf you loved Graceling, you must read Throne of Glass and Shadow and Bone. Like, NOW! They were both fabulous!
ReplyDeleteKaris @YA Litwit
My Top Ten
I have only read the hunger games from your list, will look into the others - thanks.
ReplyDeleteLainy http://www.alwaysreading.net
I love love love the picture! :) Look at 'em, beautiful babies :)
ReplyDeleteI recently dabbled into YA and most of the books on your list figured in my to-read list.
~ Judie
I love the Wings series, both the Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments series, and my favourite series ever is The Hunger Games!!!! My favourite book out of all of then would probably be Catching Fire too, SNAP! Most people I know like the first one the best. I really want to find a copy of THG in French to read; I am English but I do French at school so it would be really cool, and good practice to read my favourite book in French!
ReplyDeleteCatherine :) x
The Book Parade