I decided to do the Bout of books read-a-thon again !
This read-a-thon is hosted by Boutofbooks.
You can see my goals post here.
Update 16/08
Books I've read : Hummm... Nothing? I wanted to start The thief by Megan Whalen Turner though !
Number of pages I've read : 0. *shame on me*
How was my day? AN EPIC FAIL :/. I haven't read a single page... I finished Onyx the day before and I loved it so much, I didn't want to start another book. So I didn't read at all on thursday and this is so bad during a read a thon... I hope I'll be back on track tomorrow ! But I did two challenges yesterday !
Challenges, Friday August 17th
Most looking forward to hosted by Pages of forbidden world !
This giveaway is US only but I wanted to share my answers with you anyway !
1~ What book are you most looking forward to based on summary alone? Feel free to show off the summary!
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Goodreads summary : Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.
But all that changes when the Lynburns return.
The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?
2~ What book are you most looking forward to based on cover art alone? Feel free to show off the beautiful cover art!
Jepp, who defied the stars by Katherine Marsh
Update 17/08
Books I've read : I wanted to read The thief by Megan Whalen Turner but I decided to read The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab instead !
Number of pages I've read : 50 pages.
How was my day? I haven't read a single pages on thursday and friday was not good too. I only read 50 pages but I really like The Near Witch so far. So yes I haven't read much but I spend the day watching tv shows and movies and I know that it's not book-related but Sucker Punch is such an awesome movie guys !!! And I did one challenge yesterday. I can't wait to do Saturday twitter chat now !
Challenges, SaturdayAugust 18th
Music hosted by My Not So Real Life
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
Paired with :
A thousand years by Christina Perri
I've read this book in February and I was listening to this song when I finished Succubus Revealed. I think the lyrics of this song are perfect to describe Seth and Georgina relationship !
Page 99 Test hosted by My Seryniti
Choose a book that you have on your to read list.
Read page 99
Comment below and let us know how you feel! Did page 99 draw you in or push you away? Are you more curious or less?
I chose The thief by Megan Whalen Turner. It's a book that I want to read soon.
So I just read page 99 it was a bit weird since I know basically nothing about this book. But it draw me in ! Apparently it's a character who is talking about a legend something about the people of Earth and Sky. I like the writing and i'm really interested and excited to read this book.
Virtual Travels hosted by Ex Libris
Choose a book and find a picture to match the setting you envision for the novel.
I picture Pillars of the earth by Ken Follett
taking place at this location :
Bordeaux Cathedral : St André. It's one of my favorite cathedral in the world and when a cathedral was described in Pillars of the earth I was imagining that one. I even read a chapter of this book in Bordeaux's cathedral.
Update 18 & 19/08
So I didn't read much once again... I've only read 100 pages of The Near Witch but I didn't want to rush it because i'm loving this book and it deserves better.
I didn't reach my goals but I left tons of comments these past two days, did 3 challenges, I was there for the twitter chat of Saturday and I was also organizing by 2 year blogoversary giveaway.
Update 18 & 19/08
So I didn't read much once again... I've only read 100 pages of The Near Witch but I didn't want to rush it because i'm loving this book and it deserves better.
I didn't reach my goals but I left tons of comments these past two days, did 3 challenges, I was there for the twitter chat of Saturday and I was also organizing by 2 year blogoversary giveaway.






Unspoken sounds really good. I would buy it based on the decription.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a note :) Glad to have you as a new follower! Hotel Noir is really good, BTW. I'm enjoying it very much.
ReplyDeleteGreat progress even though you didn't read a lot, as long as you read something. :D Ohh! The Near Witch, I'm wondering if I should read that or not. Keep up the reading. <3
ReplyDeleteYou're doing so well! I've heard great things about Unspoken :)
ReplyDeleteWow, the lighting on that Cathedral...
ReplyDeleteOoooh, that's my FAVORITE PART of the whole book (The Thief!!) that story within the story is so beautifully told. :')
Thank you so much for stopping by! And by the way you're right about that cover! Now I want to read Jepp who defied the stars! :D
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great and the pics are beautiful. I need to check out the rest of today's challenges. Happy weekend reading ;)
ReplyDeleteI have to read The Pillars of the Earth soon. The cathedral looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow, stunning photos! :)
ReplyDelete