Saturday, 4 August 2012

Letterbox Love + Stacking the shelves [9]


Letterbox Love is a weekly feature hosted by Lynsey on Narratively Speaking. The idea apparently came out of a group discussion on twitter.
It's a new meme for the UK bookbloggers where we share the books that we've received, bought, borrowed ect.. every week.
I wanted to do this meme because i'm going to live in England in a few months so it would be an awesome way to meet UK bloggers !
And i'm also doing Stacking the shelves. I know i'm already doing Letterbox Love but I like this meme. I really like Tynga's blog and I met a lot of awesome bloggers thanks to this meme these past few weeks. So i'm doing two meme now every sunday :).

I'm so sorry guys. This Letterbox Love/Stacking the shelves is so late. So this is all the books that I received :

So first I got 2 used books : 

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima : The first book in the Seven Realms series. It's a fantasy series that a lot of people are talking about and I can't wait to start reading this first book. 
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. This one sounds so good. It's about crusades, the holy Grail, Carcassonne... This is the first book in a trilogy. The tv show (with Tom Felton and Katie Mcgrath in it) is coming out in a few months and I wanted to read the book before watching it.

I got two books in french : 
La note secrète by Marta Morrazoni : This is an italian book and my mom bought me this french translation. I've read this book in June but I was really disappointed... 
Quatre filles et un jean pour toujours by Ann Brashares : The english title of this book is Sisterhood Everlasting. It's the fifth and last book in the Sisterhood Travelling Pants series. I loved this series when I was younger and I was waiting for this french translation because I wanted to finish this series in french since I've read all the other books in french too. I LOVED this book. It's heartbreaking but full of hope at the same time. 
I got the third and fourth in the Dark Swan series : 
Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead 
Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead 
I've read them in July and loved the last book. 
The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss : Another fantasy book that I really wanted to read. 

And finally I got 2 bookmarks from Arcane Vault :
As you all know the Vampire Academy series and its spin off are my favorite YA books. I already got a black leather VA bookmark but I really wanted to buy these two. 
So first I bought a ribbon VA bookmark and I love it. There is a little quote on it :  Love and loyalty run deeper than blood. 
And I also bought a white leather bookmark with The golden lily on it. 

16 comments:

  1. Nice haul of books. Hope you love your new books this week. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympa! j'aime beaucoup ce que tu as eu cette semaine. je te souhaite de bonnes lectures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've been meaning to read The Demon King as well. I've heard so many epic reviews for that series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Sisterhood Everlasting is an amazing book! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm now following you back via GFC :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I hope you enjoy them all :)

    Check out my StS post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Haul! I loved Dark Swan series! Enjoy :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books!!! Enjoy :-) Happy reading! Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Seven Realms series, can't wait to read the last book!!! I love your Vampire Academy swag! Happy reading! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for Richelle's books! Dark Swan isn't my fave series, but I did enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a thing for bookmarks too! Thanks for visiting and following me!!! I'm a new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul!

    Following back.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul! LOVE that Richelle Mead's book :)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul. Happy reading!

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/stacking-shelves-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you loved Sisterhood Everlasting! I agree it was heartbreaking, but I LOVED it!
    I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete