Letterbox Love is a weekly feature hosted by Lynsey on Narratively Speaking. The idea apparently came out of a group discussion on twitter.
It's a new meme for the UK bookbloggers where we share the books that we've received, bought, borrowed ect.. every week.
I wanted to do this meme because i'm going to live in England in a few months so it would be an awesome way to meet UK bloggers !
I also wanted to start Stacking the shelves. I know i'm already doing Letterbox Love but I like this meme. I really like Tynga's blog and I met a lot of awesome bloggers thanks to this meme these past few weeks. So i'm doing two meme now every sunday :).
I didn't receive a lot this week but that's ok since my TBR pile is huge and I need to read a lot before september because I can't bring many books with me in England where i'm going to live.
I got two bookmarks.
One from the library and it's about Christopher Paolini books. I'm a huge fan of this series. And the other one is a bookmark signed by Laura Ellen the author of Blind Spot a YA book coming out in october. And I got this bookmark thanks to Elodie.
And I bought one book.
The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I heard really good things about this book. It's been in my wishlist on goodreads for more than a year now. I can't wait to read it. It'll be one of the next book that i'm going to read. I want to watch the movie after reading the book !
And you ?
The Princess Bride looks really good and isn't it a movie? I'm not really sure, but it looks so pretty from the cover and I have to read it! :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out my Stacking the Shelves!
I've never read The Princess Bride, but the movie was really good. I hope you enjoy reading it, and thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read that book yet, sounds interesting though :) Thanks for stopping by my StS :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Marie. I haven't read The Princess Bride, but everyone agrees it's a must read.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I'm returning the follow. You have a beautiful blog.
Thanks for visiting me & leaving a lovely comment. It's very nice to discover your blog.(#NewFollower) Isn't it great to get signed book swag?!?! This is my first time hearing of "The Princess Bride"; but if it is a movie, I'll be sure to read the book & watch it also. Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! And ohhh! I love The Princess Bride! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteMy Stacking the Shelves Post.
Awesome Swag! Thanks for stopping by my blog! This books sounds very interesting I'll have to look into it. I also follow you now, I didn't realise i didnt! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteLetterbox Love!
Is it bad that I haven't read the Princess Bride, but I love the movie? It was actually required reading at my old high school, but I transferred schools the year before we were supposed to read it. And bookmarks make everybody's day (or at least they should). Happy reading! And yay for catching up on tbr piles (I've been doing that for the last month and I don't think I've made much of a dent with it).
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my haul.
Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower! I definitely returned the favour and am now a new follower of your blog as well! I am slightly jealous you got the Princess Bride - I have been coveting that book for a while now but I can't seem to find a copy anywhere in stores, unless I am looking in the wrong place, lol! I hope you enjoy your books this week - Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteBlind Spot sounds so good. Can't wait until it comes out!
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading!
I haven't actually heard of that book... lol. I should check it out. Love the swag (: Hope you enjoy the book this week!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by (:
- Kim
My Haul
I'm glad you are moving over here for a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteNew follower
Awesome haul sweetie!!! I love swag too!!! Thank you for stopping by my STS post! You rock :), happy reading!
ReplyDeleteAwww! Great books!I havent read any of them...YET! I hope you enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my
Stacking the Shelves
The Princess Bride is EPIC! I hope you really enjoy it. :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, I haven't actually heard of The Princess Bride before, but I just checked it out on goodreads and oh my gosh, how did I not know about this book! Everyone seems to love it and I must be living under a rock not have heard of it xD It sounds amazing and I really hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteje ne connais pas du tout ce livre mais j'espere que ça te plaira. bonne lecture!
ReplyDeleteThe Princess Bride is EPIC! I agree with Chrystal on that one. Just a little heads up that there is a bunch of "history" about the book before you get to the actual story though. Other than that all EPICNESS! Happy reading :) If you have a few minutes I hope you'll take a few minutes to visit both of my StS posts for this week.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard of The Princess Bride before, but it looks really good! I also LOVE bookmarks :) Great haul! Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteSteph @ Stepping Out of the Page
How exciting that you're moving to England!!! And book swag is awesome - I'm forever losing my bookmarks, and I think if they were a little more special to me ... say from one of my favorite authors, I would be sure to keep them around.
ReplyDeleteI am really excited to read Blind Spot - so awesome you got a signed bookmark!! Shamefully I had no idea what The Princess Bride was about, although the name sounded familiar. So I just looked it up on goodreads and you have me so intrigued! It sounds fantastic, I really hope you love it!!
ReplyDeleteThe Princess Bride...swoon. Favorite movie ever and the book is great too. As everyone else has said - it's got the history first - but soooo good.
ReplyDeleteOur Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica
I love Princess Bride the movie but have never read the book. Hope you enjoy it! And i hope you get all the reading you need to get done before September!
ReplyDeleteOh, Princess Bride is still one of the funniest movies out there. I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't even know there was a book. *ohoh* I might just have to check it out. :)
ReplyDeleteThose bookmarks look gorgeous, by the way. :D
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier. New follower. ;)
The Princess Bride!!! Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, Mary! I have't read the book yet, but I absolutely LOVED the movie! It's so hilarious and fun and smile-worthy, and I actually had no idea that it was a book too so thanks for letting me know about that -- I'll be sure to pick it up! ;)
ReplyDelete"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" That's undoubtedly the BEST line of the entire movie, so once you read that in the book, come find me and we can gush over it together! x)
Awesome book stack this week, Mary! I hope you have a fantastic reading week! :) <3
Wow these look great!!!!!!!! I haven't seen or read The Princess Bride but based on the comments I really think I should!!!!!! Oh and love the bookmarks!!!!!!! Awesome :-) Enjoy!!! And yes there are so many awesome memes to take part in!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog! Stop by mine?
SeeitORreadit
I never realized that The Princess Bride was a book! I've seen tho movie though. How neat.
ReplyDeleteI adore the film version of The Princess Bride! I read the book a couple of years ago (I have the 25th Anniversary Edition), and while it took me two times to start it (I couldn't get into it the first time), I ended up really liking it as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy reading! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I'm following you back. The Princess Bride sounds really good. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI love the movie version of The Princess Bride, so I need to read that book! And that's so cool that you get to live in England soon! I loved the UK when I visited, and I really want to go back!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my blog and for following! I'm now following you too! Happy reading! ;)
Happy reading. Thx for stopping by. New follower.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Christopher Paolini!! Lucky duck!!! And The Princess Bride seems really awesome and cool too!! <3 Hope you love it!! I'm a new follower and just felt like dropping by to say HI! :) Feel free to check out my blog too, cause I would love that!! :D
ReplyDeletexx
Riya
Oh... The princess Bride... it's on my TBR pile for ages. I need to read it. Bonne lecture and thnks a lot for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower of you now! ;) (Sorry for my poor english)
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy the book! Thanks for stopping by the blog :)
ReplyDeleteOoh cute bookmarks! You can never have enough of those. AHH I love THE PRINCESS BRIDE! I read it in high school and it has been one of my favourites since then. The movie is hilarious :D Enjoy!
ReplyDelete------
Giselle from booknerd.ca
Stacking the Shelves
I saw the move years ago, but I've never read the book.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, I'm a new follower :)
Hi Marie! Thanks so much for following our blog :) We're now following you too!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read The Princess Bride but I saw the movie this year!