Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I love  quotes ! Quotes inspire me in my writing and some quotes truly reflect who i'm and what I feel. I've always written quotes that I love everywhere in notebooks, on my cell phone, computer but I really need one day to start a huge notebook and write them all down together because right now they are all scattered...
So it's really hard for me to list only 10 quotes and I can't even rank them. And I know that I'm cheating a little in this list because some quotes are from authors or artists and not from a specific book but I wanted to share these quotes with all of you !

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets by JK Rowling.
Of course Harry Potter ! Harry Potter is my childhood and I'm so attached to quotes from these books. It was hard to take only one but I knew that I would choose one from Albus Dumbledore and this is probably one of his most famous sentence...

"To love is to destroy, to be loved is to be destroyed." The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
  I don't remember in which book of The Moral Instruments series Jace said that but I always remembered this quote since then. I also loved a lot of quotes from Cassandra Clare especially in her other series The Interfal Devices but I never wrote them down :/.

"A life is measured by moments like these." Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite author. Her writing is poetry...

"L'écriture est la seule forme parfaite du temps." L'extase matèrielle by JMG Le Clézio
French quote that I've always liked.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."C. S. Lewis
This is not from a book but from the author himself it's basically the same anyway. I've always loved that quote. C.S Lewis clearly describes my life here !

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." Edgar Allan Poe
If I had to get a tatoo of a quote I think it would be this one !

“I'll be looking for you, Will, every moment, every single moment. And when we do find each other again, we'll cling together so tight that nothing and no one'll ever tear us apart. Every atom of me and every atom of you... We'll live in birds and flowers and dragonflies and pine trees and in clouds and in those little specks of light you see floating in sunbeams... And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they wont' just be able to take one, they'll have to take two, one of you and one of me, we'll be joined so tight...”  The amber spyglass by Philip Pullman
I cried everytime single time when I read the end of The amber spyglass the third and last book in the series. This series was one of my favorite when I was a child and this moment is heartbreaking. Will and Lyra know that they can't be together and Lyra in this quote says how much she loves him but in a beautiful innocent and naive way since they are both really young.

"I've given up on you... Love fades. Mine has." Spiriti Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy is one of my favorite YA series ever so of course I wanted to choose a quote from the books for this list. Spirit Bound is not my favorite book in the series but this line truly broke my heart and you know why if you've read the books !

"The more I see and hear, the more I realize how much I don't know. I want to know everything." Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
I just finished Bitterblue 2 days ago and it's still on my mind. I totally identify with Bitterblue.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine." Ludwig Van Beethoven
This last one as you can see is not book-related but I wanted to share it with you because it's one of my favorite quote ever.

3 comments:

  1. J'adore toutes les citations que tu as choisi !! Je me dis qu'il faudrait vraiment que j'ai un carnet dans le quel je noterai mes citations préférées mais je sais pas si j'aurais le reflexe de les ecrire à chaque fois .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie's writing is poetry! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la (ouais, ça fait cliché français ! xD) j'avais totalement oublié cette citation du miroir d'ambre, j'ai aussi pleuré à chaque fois que j'arrivais sur ce passage... Il faut vraiment que je relise cette trilogie en anglais un de ces jours !

    ReplyDelete