Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating : 4,5 / 5

Goodreads : There is need. And then there is Fate...
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

My review : I'm so happy I'm still reading this series and decided to read the second book in The Covenant series. Thank you Elodie :). This book was even better than the first one Half Blood. The first book was ok but I was annoyed by all the similarities between this series and Vampire Academy. But I really enjoyed reading Pure.
This book is action-packed. That's what I love about The Covenant series you always want to turn the next page and there is always something happenning. Never a dull moment.
I liked the heroine Alex much more. I was really surprised by one of the character's death. Well done Jennifer L. Armentrout !
But the reason why I loved this book so much is because of one character : Seth. I love this character and I was so excited when I read every pages about Alex and him.
I loved the whole Appolyon thing. And I can't wait to see how Alex will be after she turned eighteen !
I can't wait to know more about all the greek mythology surrounding the story.
There was so much I wanted to know at the end of this book I can't wait to read the next one in November. It's going to be hard to wait.
Playlist
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
Princess of china - Coldplay & Rihanna

1 comment:

  1. je n'entends que du bien partout pour cette série, il faut vraiment vraiment que je m'y mette, ça a l'air d'être un petit bijou. contente qu'il t'ai plu.

    ReplyDelete