Monday, 23 January 2012

Jean-Luc Marcastel book signing



I wanted to do a post about Jean-Luc Marcastel booksigning. I went to this booksigning last saturday at my local bookshop Mollat in Bordeaux.
Jean-Luc Marcastel is a french author. He has written 2 medieval/fantasy series : Louis le Galoup & La geste d'Alban. And his newest book is Le dernier Hiver (The Last Winter) and it's a dystopian novel.
I already read Le dernier hiver you can see my review on this blog (but it's in french since I read it in french) and I can't wait to read his two other series now ! 
His books are not translated into english but I really hope one day it'll be translated :).

So I went to this booksigning and it was very original because Jean-Luc Marcastel is obviously a writer but he is also an artist. So when he is signing his books he is using a sort stamp and colored powder. That's what you can see on my pictures with for example this beautiful chinese girl (one of the character in Le dernier hiver). And then he writes on your book in a kind of medieval calligraphy. So my books are just beautiful now :).
Then there was a sort of Q&A about his books and it was really interesting, he talked about his method of writing ect... That afternoon was really great and I was glad to meet this author !





1 comment:

  1. C'est vraiment magnifique ce qu'il t'a fait :) !! J'adore l'idée du tampon et de la calligraphie mediévale ;) !!

    ReplyDelete