Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?
But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore—free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.
But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...
My review :
Richelle Mead you're a genius ! I loved her YA series Vampire Academy. It's one of my favorite series. I've just re read the first one for the third time. And now I think i'm falling in love with her adult series. (she also wrote another adult series Dark Swan. I'll read it after all the succubus books). It's been a year since I read for the first time Vampire Academy I was feeling a little bit nostalgic so I wanted to read other books by Richelle and I'm glad I did it cause I really loved Succubus blues.
There is 6 books in this series and in them we're following Georgina Kincaid a succubus. So here is a little definition if you don't know what a succubus is :
"In medieval legend, a 'succubus' (plural succubi; from Latin succubare, "to lie under") is a female demon which comes to men, especially monks, in their dreams to seduce them and have sexual intercourse with them, drawing energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death."So in this series Georgina is a succubus-a demon (also called daughter of Lilith) who draws her power from other men's pleasure. Sex fills her with energy and she need it for survive. But there is some consequences. This energy is drawn from the men that she is doing it whith and it can take years off of his life. Her condition is complex because that means she can't really be with a mortal. Like she says : "an eternity of making love without love".
That's what I loved in Richelle Mead books. There are always some legends, myths and folklore in her books.
I really love Georgina. I might love her even more thant Rose and it's something ! She is a strong female character (like in all Richelle Mead's books) but she is also really ancient. She has lived through decades and years of changement and I love this idea ! I wrote a lot of stories with such characters, I'm fascinated by the advantages and consequences of immortality and Richelle is truly an expert. I loved learning more about Georgina and her past as an succubus and human as well.
She has one of my dream job. She is working in a bookstore in seattle (a city that I would love to visit!).The world of this series is awesome ! There are the heaven and hell obviously with demons, angels, vampires, imp, succubi ect...
And the characters embedding that are amazing. I loved all her male friend : Peter, Cody, Hugh, Jerome, Carter (haha love him!). There is also Roman :).
But my favorite was Seth. He is like the perfect guy. I loved his shyness, I really loved everything about him. And he is a writer and his favorite song is ultraviolet by U2 how hot is that? It was really interesting to see how he is sometimes submerged in his writing and characters, how a novel can consume him. And there is some beautiful scenes including him (omg the kissing scene)!
Another good point is all the history around the nephilim. I have always been interested in the subject so I was glad to found that in this book. I was totally surprised at the end because I really never seen it coming.
The epilogue just killed me. SO beautiful !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment