Saturday, 4 June 2011

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

Rating : 5 / 5

Goodreads : A Midsummer's Nightmare? Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.

Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place he cannot go without Puck's help—into the heart of the Summer Court. And Puck faces the ultimate choice—betray Ash and possibly win the girl they both love, or help his former friend turned bitter enemy pull off a deception that no true faery prankster could possibly resist.

My review : Summer's Crossing is a novella in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. The story happens between book 3 and book 4 (The Iron Knight) the last book which is going to be released in october this year.
Julie Kagawa has already written another novella (Winter's Passage). This novella happens between book 1 and book 2. I really enjoyed Winter's Passage but I loved Summer's Crossing even more.
Everybody know that i'm a fervent fan of Puck so reading this novella from his POV was awesome.
This short story is full of Puck's wit and I read it with a huge smile.
If you've read the first three books in this series you should totally read it !
Prince Ash of the Winter Court is called to fulfill his favor to Leanansidhe which leads Puck and him into the heart of the Summer Court (my favorite court!). Puck is faced with a choice : betray Ash and win Meghan or help him deceive the terrible Queen Titania. I loved the story of this novella !
The only thing that I deslike : it was too short ! I would have wanted more of Puck POV, an entire novel would be so great ! And we still don't know his true name :(.
It's such a shame that this novella is only going to be an ebook. I hope one day it'll be printed because I really want to have this cover between my hands !

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've only read book 1 but I wouldn't mind a copy of this book just for that cover. :)

    ReplyDelete