Rating : 4.5 / 5
Goodreads : City of Fallen Angels takes place two months after the events of City of Glass. In it, a mysterious someone’s killing the Shadowhunters who used to be in Valentine’s Circle and displaying their bodies around New York City in a manner designed to provoke hostility between Downworlders and Shadowhunters, leaving tensions running high in the city and disrupting Clary’s plan to lead as normal a life as she can — training to be a Shadowhunter, and pursuing her relationship with Jace. As Jace and Clary delve into the issue of the murdered Shadowhunters, they discover a mystery that has deeply personal consequences for them — consequences that may strengthen their relationship, or rip it apart forever.
Meanwhile, internecine warfare among vampires is tearing the Downworld community apart, and only Simon — the Daylighter who everyone wants on their side — can decide the outcome; too bad he wants nothing to do with Downworld politics. Love, blood, betrayal and revenge: the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.
My review : I was SOOOO excited to read this book and meet again these awesome characters and Cassandra Clare's writing but I was also a little anxious. I've read the first three books in the mortal instruments series last year in french and during months I was certain that it was a triology and that the third book was the last one. And then last summer i've discovered on her website that there'll be another three books... There was a lot of questions unanswered and I wanted to know more about this world but I also loved the ending of the third book... so I had mixed feelings.
But this book was so good and I'm now so happy that there is going to be two other books in the series and I can hardly wait to read them ! I can not put this one down even if I had to study for my finals when I was reading it.
There was a lot of romance. This book is blend of dynamic romances between Simon and his two girlfriends Isabelle and Maya, Jace and Clary, Alec and Magnus... I just love them all !
But I have to confess it was not the best book in the series and I prefer the others. I was worried through the book by the relationship between Jace and Clary. It made me think of Nora and Patch in Crescendo and you know that I just hate that one. And I was a little disappointed with Clary. When I started reading this book I was like, "OMG! Clary is going to be so awesome!" or like "OMG! She is now a shadow hunter! She will be such a badass" but my dreams were shattered in CoFA... But the book is not just about them hopefully !
Alec and Magnus were so funny with their travel in Europe ^^.
Isabelle... is Isabelle and I love her ! I loved Simon in this book ! And all his struggling with his new nature and life ! I even like him better than Jace in this one (I would never have said that when I was reading the first three books!). And Jordan the new character was pretty cool. I also enjoyed all the scenes with Simon's band.
So you can see that I've changed my opinion on certain characters in this sequel.
All the things about Jace and his "darker" part was a little "cliché" and when he was saying and thinking through the book "i'm not good for Clary. I'm dangerous..." ect... I was like... NOT THAT AGAIN. It's done over and over in YA books and was just too much here. But all the explanations behind it was quite good at the end. I just hate Cassandra Clare for the end of her books filled of cliffhangers ^^.
AAAAHHHH and I loved hearing Magnus and Camille talking about Will from The Infernal Devices :D ! I love this series even more that the mortal instruments series so I can't wait to finally understand what happened...
Anyway I can't wait to read the next one !

Ah, déjà fini, tu l'as vraiment dévoré ce livre!
ReplyDeletePour ma part, je serai bien tentée par la version audio avec la so sexy voice d'Ed Westwick! :)Il me tarde de voir ce que tu en as pensé, même si je le sais déjà en parti.
xxxx my dear Enchantress
Queen of Camelot