Thursday, 3 July 2014

Top Ten Classics I Want To Read


Top Ten Tuesday is hostel by The Broke and the Bookish 

This week it is : Top Ten Classics I Want To Read

 The Brothers Karamazov Dostoyevsky : I heard a lot of good things about this book. My friend Maitha has been reading it recently and she makes me want to read it even more now. And I haven’t read many Russian novels so it would be great to read this one.

Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo : I can’t believe I haven’t read this one yet. Victor Hugo is one of my favorite author and Notre Dame de Paris one of my favorite cathedral in the world. Every time I visit it it makes me want to read this book. I hope I’ll be able to read it this summer.

The name of the rose by Umberto Eco : I had a medievalism class last semester and we talked about this book a lot and it sounds so good.

Lourdes by Emile Zola : Another French writer. I’ve read a lot of Emile Zola books for school especially in high school. 2 years ago I discovered that he wrote about pilgrims going to Lourdes. Lourdes is my favorite place on earth so I love reading books talking about it. I have this one on my kindle and it’s pretty short so I think I’ll read this summer.

The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wild : I know I still haven’t read this book, shame on me. A few years ago I watched the movie with Ben Barnes and loved it so I bought the book when I was in Oxford but I haven’t read it yet.

Anna Karenina by : Another Russian author.

A tales of two cities by Charles Dickens : I love Charles Dickens. I liked studying some of his books for university. First David Copperfield three years ago and Great expectations last year for a Victorian Literature module that I had when I was studying in England. This latter one is my favorite. A tales of two cities sounds so good and it was mentioned a lot in The Infernal Devices series by Will and Tessa.

Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand : I’ve always loved that story even if I never read the actual text. I’m going to Bergerac every summer and every time I tell myself that I should read the book.

Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant : Maupassant is a French writer I love. Une vie is one of my favorite book.

The Canterbury tales by Geoffrey Chaucer : A medieval book I’ve studied a couple of times and always wanted to read.

Books by Edgar Allan Poe : I’ve studied a lot of different texts by Edgar Allan Poe throughout university but I really want to read everything he’s written and I have a big anthology at home.

What would be on your list? If you’ve done this top ten Tuesday feel free to give me the link in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment