Rating : 3 / 5
Goodreads : I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.
Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.
And I'm ready to fight.
My review : I've read the first book I'm Number Four a year and half ago and I bought The power of six when it came out so I don't really know why i'm only reading it now. I didn't love the first book I gave it 3 stars, I'm not a big fan of science fiction books with aliens ect... but I wanted to continue reading this series.
I'm glad that I did even if I was once again a little disappointed.
In I'm Number Four I didn't like the whole "i'm an alien but I want to be a normal teenage boy" thing. All the parts at his high school and the cheesy romance with Sarah I didn't like that.
In this one we have a dual POV. I was happy to discover a new "number" with this POV. We're following Seven she is living in Spain in a convent but her Cepan doesn't believe in their mission anymore and she doesn't even want to talk about Lorien ect... So that was new to see a Cepan having that reaction.
But unfortunately all the Seven's POV parts for most of the book were so boring ! Nothing happened ! We only have some actions in the last 70 pages or so. This is the part that I really didn't like in this second book.
Another thing about this book that I didn't like was the romance part. It's badly written, conveys no emotions and really childish...
And finally in this book I often wanted to punch Four. He is just so selfish and ridiculous sometimes... Six is still my favorite character anyway...
But I did like some things in this book.
I always love this idea of number that we need to kill in order ect... I also liked meeting new numbers : Seven, Nine and Ten.
We discover a lot of things in this book too about the mogadorians, Six's past, the second ship and Sam's dad (I can't believe they revealed in the first movie something that we only know in the second book!!! The movie is so bad by the way I hated it, they changed everything !).
So i'm going to read the third and final book. I got it for my birthday and actually I've already read the first chapter and I'm so excited because we have Six's POV in the last book !

ça a pas l'air génial dis donc ... J'avais vraiment pas du tout aimé le film donc bon je sais que la saga n'est pas pour moi. Merci pour la review comrade :)
ReplyDeleteI have the first two books in this series and have not had the chance to read them yet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Gotta get around to starting these. I really liked the movie of the first book.
ReplyDeleteJennifer @ Dream Reads
I really enjoyed reading this series, hope for more soon...
ReplyDelete