Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.



I LOVE the theme for this week ! I've always done little playlist for books. Lyrics that perfectly fit a book or a song that you were listening to when you were reading a book is a beautiful way to get back into a story that you loved and remember some scenes and characters.

1. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Actually I have several songs that remind me of this series.
How Soon is Now by Tatu. It has nothing to do with VA but I was obsessed with this song when I was reading the series.
I Gave You All by Mumford and Sons. This song is perfect when you're reading the end of Blood Promise when Rose is getting back home.
Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. This song is perfect to describe Rose and Lissa friendship.
Cosmic Love by Florence and The Machine. I was listening to this song when I was reading Last Sacrifice. It fits perfectly Rose and Dimitri relationship.

2. The Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
When I read the first book Beautiful Creatures I had just bought Era's album Classics I & then the second album Classics II came along at the same time of the second book release Beautiful Darkness. And I think these CDs perfectly fit this series atmosphere. For example I loved reading the books while listening to this song The Chosen Path.

3. Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
A thousand years by Christina Perri. Yes another Richelle Mead series. I just read this book two weeks ago and found the perfect song and lyrics to describe Seth and Georgina love and history. I was listening to this song on the train right after I finished the last book in the series and I was very moved.

4. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
An Toll Dubh by Paul Mounsey. This song is perfect for The Scorpio Races. Actually when I first met Maggie Stiefvater she told me that she was listening to it while writing The Scorpio Races (called Secret Novel at the time).

5. The Golden Compass series by Philip Pullman.
Starlight by Muse. I was always listening to this song when I read this series particularly for book 2 and 3. I didn't understand the lyrics back then because I wasn't fluent in english but I just had the feeling that this song was perfect for Lyra and Will.

6. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Chop Suey by System of a Down. I know this song has nothing to do with this series. But when I read the first three books in TMI series I borrowed several CDs of this band from my best friend and I was always listening to Chop Suey. "I cry when angels deserve to die."
Evil Has Never by Union of Knieves. Because of this fanmade video.

7. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra. The piano in this song perfectly fit the mood and setting of Clockwork Prince. And I found this song thanks to a fanmade video that Cassandra Clare was talking about on twitter.

8. Les liaisons dangereuses by Laclos
Theme Dangerous Liaisons by George Frenton. I loved this book when I read it several years ago and I was so glad when we were studying it in my senior year of high school. I'm cheating here because I picked the theme song that is used in the movie.

9. Wuthering Heights by Brontë
Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. I know that i'm cheating again because this song was made for the movie but I love it !

10. Geisha by Arthur Golden
Becoming a Geisha by John William and Yo-Yo Ma. Yes I know again i'm cheating by picking the song made for the movie adapted from the book but this is so beautiful and it fits Geisha so perfectly !!! John Williams is one of my favorite compositor (he made several of the harry potter soundracks including the famous Hedwigs theme) and Yo-Yo Ma is one of my favorite cellist.

I know it's more than 10 songs but I couldn't do less than that and i'm sure that i'm still forgetting some !
EDIT : I just saw in several Top Ten Tuesday that bloggers had put lyrics in between and it's a really great idea. I wanted to do it after that but my post would have been too long.

2 comments:

  1. OOOO great choices! Love the song picks and how they fit with the books :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to take your word for it, I haven't read any of these books! Cosmic Love is an amazing song, though.

    ReplyDelete