Beautiful Creatures is going to be a movie we know that for quite a long time but it's getting real now because we have our Lena, Ethan and Amma.
Lena - Alice Englert
Ethan - Jack O'Connell
Amma - Viola Davis
First I don't have an opinion about Amma I can't quite picture her. But I think Viola Davis can be good.
I'm really happy by Lena choice. Alice Englert has a really beautiful face and I think once she'll dye her hair black she will be a great Lena.
But i'm really sceptical about Ethan... Well I really like this actor but I saw him in Skins and now... I don't know I just can't picture him as Ethan. I hope i'm wrong and he'll be an awesome Ethan !
I need to say that i'm really worried by this adaptation. I'm deeply attached to this series because it's one of the first YA series that I read in english and Lena is one of my favorite character ever. And sometimes I just want to say : Stop turning all the books into movies !
Yes it can be good to see movies adaptations based on books and I love a lot of them but... I just don't know what to think about it because I must confess that I hate when it become a phenomenon and I'm really protective and don't really want to share sometimes when I loved a book. I know it's quite paradoxal because it's the point of my blog : to share ! I just can't explain it... For example I'm going to see The Hunger Games movie in March but i'm not that excited because I'm worried...
I think I need to stop i'm being too much paranoid...
EDIT
Mrs Lincoln -Sarafine - Emma Thompson
Wow I can't believe that she is going to be in Beautiful Creatures movie. She is such a great actress ! But did I miss something? Why Mrs Lincoln and Sarafine should be played by the same person? Anyway I can totally picture her for Mrs Lincoln but not really for Sarafine...




I'm skeptical about the pick for Ethan too. I'm not really thrilled about it. It makes me all bummed like the whole Peeta casting all over again.
ReplyDeleteI'll be crossing my fingers that it turns out better than I'm expecting.