Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug. She never expects to learn the truth behind her Grace—or the terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.
My review : Why didn't I read this book sooner? I've heard such an amount of praise regarding Graceling for a few years and this book totally deserves it !
Graceling is probably one of my favorite book of 2011. It's such an amazing fantasy book ! I love fantasy it's one of my favorite genre and I should definitely read more fantasy book in 2012 (I will probably participate in a fantasy challenge this year if I can). I laugh, I smiled, I yelled... that's the meaning of a good book for me ! I was so attached by the characters at the end of the book that I didn't want to finish it. There is a lot of actions and suspence that you just cannot put this book down when you're reading it.
I liked the writing style. I was drawn by Kristin Cashore words. The historical context is difficult to situate. It's kind of a middle ages place and I liked that aspect about the book too !
I loved everything about this world of Graceling. Gracelings are people whose eyes are different from one another and they are graced with special abilities like hearing better ect... and our heroine Katsa is graced with killing. She is such a kick ass heroine I was really fascinated by her history and excited to follow her in her journey. I admire her she is such a feminist model !
But there is also a lot of other great characters and of course there is Po... Well at first I didn't know if I was going to like this character because let's say it his name is pretty weird (Po... teletubbies? ^^) and when I read the summary I didn't know that Po will take such a huge part in the book and especially that there was going to be some sort of romance between Katsa and him. So it was a great suprise because their romance is beautiful. I just want to read this book all over again when I think about it. The plot wasn't really tricky but the prose and the characters are really the major point about this novel. But I was surprised by Po's characters we really discover huge things about this characters through the book so I won't say anything in this review let's just say his ability is... well Kristin Cashore is a genius because writing something about a character with this ability must be really difficult !
Anyway I recommend it to everyone ! In fact I actually bought this book as a birthday present to two of my friends just after reading it because I wanted to share my love of Graceling.
I can't wait to read more about these characters in Bitterblue (please May come sooner!).
(Just wanted to say Kristin Cashore is so cruel at the end with Po when I read about it I was in class and I just wanted to yell ^^).

Encore merci comrade de me l'avoir offert :) !! Hâte de le commencer ;)
ReplyDelete