Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : "The situation at the London Institute has never been more precarious. With Mortmain and his clockwork army still threatening, the Council wants to strip Charlotte of her power and hand the running of the Enclave over to the unscrupulous and power-hungry Benedict Lightwood.
In the hope of saving Charlotte and the Institute, Will, Jem, and Tessa set out to unravel the secrets of Mortmain’s past—and discover unsettling Shadowhunter connections that hold the key not only to the enemy’s motivations, but also to the secret of Tessa’s identity. Tessa, already caught between the affections of Will and Jem, finds herself with another choice to make when she learns how the Shadowhunters helped make her a “monster.” Will she turn from them to her brother, Nate, who has been begging her to join him at Mortmain’s side? Where will her loyalties—and love—lie? Tessa alone can choose to save the Shadowhunters of London…or end them forever."
My review : Wow... Cassandra Clare is a genius.
I'm a huge fan of her Mortal Instruments series and I read Clockwork Angel last year and LOVED IT. I can now say that The Infernal Devices is even more awesome thant TMI (TID is a prequel series to TMI).
I just loved this book so much. And i'm still thinking about it several days later... I laughed, I yelled, I had tears in my eyes, I smiled, I was mad and when a book makes me feel all this emotions... well it's a great book and a book that I will remember for a long time.Yes Clockwork Prince is that good. It's even better than the first one.
This series as all the ingredients of an awesome book series.This world of shadowhunter and downwolder (as in TMI) but in a Victorian London era with a little steampunk atmosphere... How could it be any better?
The plot as in any Cassandra Clare books is filled with actions and suspence. I couldn't wait to turn every pages and I was sad that I read this book so fast. I already want to reread it !
But it was also filled with romance and that's what makes this book better. In the first one I was a little disappointed because there was something missing. But in this second book the romance part is just... perfect!
I know how it's hard to write about a triangle couple. Normally I don't like this kind of stuff because it's cliché and happened in a lot of YA books this last few years. But here Cassandra Clare made it work! I've never seen such a powerful and beautiful triangle couple and I believed in it ! And what's even more amazing is that I couldn't choose between the two male characters. I loved Will in the first book. But now with Clockwork Prince I fell in love with Jem too ! There are so much beautiful passages between Tessa and Jem and Tessa and Will that I was rereading for days after I finished the book.
All in all the characters in this book series are so perfect. And they are really growing in Clockwork Prince. Jessamine, Henry, Charlotte, Magnus... We finally discover Will's curse and let's just say that... Cassandra Clare is a genius again ! I was so happy to "see" Tessa again. I feel so connected to this character and her love for books that she is sharing with Will. I again loved all the quotes from novels or poetry at the beginning of each chapter and all the books mentionned. I wanted to read more classic books when I was reading Clockwork Prince !
I can't wait to read Clockwork Princess now (and see its cover because all the covers in this series are beautiful) because there are still questions unanswered about what Tessa really is and this mysterious character : Aloysius Starkweather. I also can't read to read this book because as in any Cassandra Clare's book Clockwork Prince ends with a cliffhanger. Yes the author is mean like that ! But in the same time Clockwork Princess will be the last book in the series and i'm already sad...
Clockwork Prince is the first book that i'm reading in 2012 and it's already one of my favorite book that I read this year.
(I got the collector edition of Clockwork Prince with the letter written by Will to his family and I loved the short story Burning Bright !!!)
Watch this beautiful video please <3 : here

I really have to order this one .. Don't know why I haven't yet honestly !!
ReplyDeleteWill <3