Saturday, 24 December 2011

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Rating : 5 / 5

Goodreads : To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.
With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side. To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale. And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

My review : LOVED IT ! This book was such a great surprise ! I didn't know if I was going to read this book because I knew that it was written from Ash point of view and as you know I'm not really into this character. But I wanted to give it shot because it's the last book in the series and I wanted to know how it ends. I'm so happy that I choose to read it because I absolutly don't regret it ! It might be my favorite book in the series along with the second one and I really didn't think that it would be possible because as I've just said it's written from Ash point of view ! But I kind of like having the story told from his point of view. It was interesting to have a male narrator. So yes I totally loved it. The plot was awesome. I love these kind of journey books. It was EPIC ! So Ash is on a journey to respect his vow to stay by Meghan's side and in order to do that he needs to be human (because she lives in the Iron Realm and he can't survive there). It's the thing that I like about this character. Honor and loyalty are such a big thing for him. And I love all this oath and knights things. It's very Middle Ages (my favorite period). In this quest he has some company : Grimalkin, Puck, the Wolf (and they are all characters that I LOVE in the series, each one has strong personalities so it makes the dialogues really funny sometimes) and another character... but I can't tell you the name because it would be a huge spoiler. It's a major suprise in the book I really didn't see it coming ! And of course there was Puck <3...
I loved all the challenges that Ash need to face and especially one about his future... Julie Kagawa's writing is really brilliant in this passage!
It was an awesome end to the series, I'm kind of sad that it ends but I know that I'll reread them. I loved reading this book it took me a week to read it because I wanted to read it slowly and appreciate it.
The Iron Knight is one of my favorite fantasy book of 2011 so you should all read the Iron Feys series !

(And also I wanted to say a word about this gorgeous cover ! All the covers of this series are beautiful but I especially loved the back of this one because it was featuring Puck. And it just looks so much like him ! The eyes, the smile... I'm in love <3.)

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful review ma belle! =D
    I totally agree about having a male point of view! it was really interesting (yum) I loved it!

    Im so happy you loved this book as much as I! =D This one is also one of my fav series of 2011 and probably of all times! =D

    Have a wonderful New Year's eve my dear =DDDDD muah!!

    ReplyDelete