Saturday, 1 October 2011

Maggie Stiefvater & Cate Tiernan book signing

Last week end I went to a book signing in Bordeaux at Mollat. That afternoon was absolutely awesome !
You can see more pictures on my facebook page : ifmarybooks.
I met Cate Tiernan 
And Maggie Stiefvater


I got all my books signed. I gave them some cannelés (a speciality of Bordeaux). Then even if we got our books signed at the beginning of the signing we decided with the girls to stay until the end of the event (4.30pm through 6pm). We talked with the authors when they were less people and also with the editors so it was really interesting. There wasn't any Q&A after the signing so it was great to have this time to talk with them. But a few days ago they were in Paris filming for the fantasy tavern. It's a little french tv show that the publisher post on their website and I watched it in live and there was a lot of interesting questions for the authors.
I was really happy to see Maggie again (I met her in Paris last december). She is nice, funny, talented and easy going. Cate is a little more shy but really nice too. Cate's husband seems really funny though. 

They were actually quite comfortable at this book signing in Bordeaux. During the signing they were drinking wine (tea for Maggie) and eating cannelés :p !

We got a tote bag from the publisher with some swags inside (thanks again!).


But also those events are great because you met people that share your love for books and I met some really nice people there ! I met Laura from L0raahbooks I knew her from the internet so it was really great to see her "in real life". Then Charlotte from La bibliothèque d'Elijah. There was also Vignada. I happenned to meet her last year at a book fair in Montreuil (where I also met Maggie Stiefvater and Alyson Noel) we talked a lot during this event so it was great to see again. Then there was Elodie from Onceuponaquote  not really a surprise I see her everyday XD and we were really excited and looking forward this event at least 3 months before.

 So thanks again Black Moon (the french publisher) ! I really hope there'll be other book signings in Bordeaux in the future !

4 comments:

  1. c'est pas drole c'est en anglais ! (bon je lirai ça demain, là vu que je suis un peu fatiguée, je vais pas tout suivre ^^) en tout cas sympa les photos (pas drole, moi j'ai pas eu la surprise, il les avait pas à Paris :( donc j'attends de recevoir)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pas grave je pense que je peux comprendre mais là, ce soir c'est pas une bonne idée de lire ^^

    cygne noir c'est trop bien, faut lire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaaaaaaaaah!! awesome meeting! lucky girl =9
    I love your pics and swag! enjoy it my dear =)
    I wish you a happy reading/week etc! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Héhéhé beau résumé! Quelle super aprem, j'étais hyper heureuse de vous voir et puis voilà de rencontrer Cate et Maggie... Maggie, Maggie Maggie, je l'adooore ^^ faut que je fasse mon CR aussi :)

    ReplyDelete