This is the US, UK and French covers. I don't really like the french cover, it has nothing to do with the story...
(picture from here)
Rating : 5 / 5
She falls back into her old, hard partying ways, but will her decision lead her into the hands of a dark immortal? Or will it be her first step to embracing the darkness within her?
My review : We are lucky ! I'm just so happy to be french right now. I read Immortal Beloved at the beginning of september and I was eagerly waiting for the second one Darkness Falls. But then I saw that the release date has been changed to January 2012... I was mad but as I said we are lucky in France because the release date was still September 14th ! I didn't know if I wanted to read it in french because I don't really like reading a translation of a book especially an english book... Fortunetely I still bought this book and I don't regret it ! It was awesome even in french and the translation was pretty good.
Again i'm going to start this review just like the one I wrote about the first book... Wow just wow !!
The second one was just awesome. It was more deep and emotional. The writing was also better (even if I already loved it in Immortal Beloved).
In Darkness Falls there is three parts. In this one the darkness is embracing her, she falls back into her old, wild partying ways (loved that part). There is still moments of Nastayas history I looooooove that (yeah there is going to be a lot of love in this review). I want a book just about Nastaya history please !!
In this book we know more about the immortals, their power and how they are able to kill their own family or friends to get it.
And then there is Innocencio... I LOVE this character ! He might be one of my favorite male character in a YA book ! Oh crazy Innocencio... I already liked him in Immortal Beloved and wanted to know more about him and his past and Darkness Falls has it all ! I was so happy to see again glimpses of his past with Nastaya and how they met. I'm really fascinated by his relationship with Nas even if it is really creepy and dark. He is the perfect evil at the end but I still love him.
The last chapter by the way was beautiful. Awww Reyn <3.
This book got all the elements again of a fabulous read : a snappy main character with Nastaya, lots of dark humor, romantic tension, secrets...
I can't wait to know more about the past of all the people who live at River's Edge, the relationship between Nas and Reyn, the taksin, how Innocencio is now living...
This book isn't even out in the US but i'm already dying to read the third one Immortal Light.
I can't wait to meet Cate Tiernan next week. I have lost of questions ^^ !

No comments:
Post a Comment