Rating : 5 / 5
Goodreads : When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.
My review : Just a little over a year ago, a series named Vampire Academy rocked my world in more ways than one. Now VA is my favorite YA series and Richelle Mead one of my favorite author. So I was eagerly waiting for this book Bloodlines because it's the first book in the VA spin off series.
I was so excited to read more about the VA world with the morois, damphirs and know more about some old characters like Jill, Eddie, Adrian (his sorrow is heartbreaking :'() and Sidney.
I was also happy to discover more about the alchemist and I really appreciate to read the story through Sydney's POV. I really like her and I felt more close to her than Rose because I felt like we have more in common.
The plot was great. I liked the story about the tatoos, the school... There wasn't a lot of actions (Bloodlines doesn't come anywhere near other VA books like Blood Promise or Last Sacrifice) but it's just the first book and reminded me of the first two books of the VA series. As Richelle Mead recently said in an MTV interview : "Even if you look at the first series, the first book and to a certain extent, the second, we're sort of setting up the world," Richelle said. "It's great if you can throw in cliffhangers and dramatic things right off the bat, but I think that before you shake up the status quo, you have to lull readers into it and then really start messing with your characters."
Nothing can be better than the first series but I really like this first book. I don't want to spoil anything for everyone but I just want to say that the ending line... send shivers down my spine !!! I CAN'T WAIT to read The Golden Lily !

Je t'ai rep sur le blog mais je suis pas sûre que tu le vois donc je te rep ici aussi ^^
ReplyDeletePour Bloodlines, je l'ai commandé avec Claire de St Vlad Forum, Sofia de VAF, Elise, Steph, Sally et Evey! Me tarde de voir la dédi lol.
Et Shane... no comment, héhé ^^
J'ajoute juste qu'il me tarde de lire les derniers VA... et aussi Vamp City, j'ai adoré le 3e tome ^^
I just finished reading Blodlines and I have to agree with you - it does remind me of the first VA novel. Can't wait for next one!
ReplyDelete